Reopening your business after lockdown?
Well done! You’ve weathered the storm and made it to here, which is no mean feat! What a year you’ve had!
As you prepare to reopen is it all hands on deck? Or are you more relaxed in your approach this time because you know the drill? Has COVID fatigue set in with your clientele which means you need new ways of communicating with them? Will you have a big splash opening or a more measured, gradually emergence? There is lots to consider as we prepare for the forthcoming milestone dates.
There’s definitely the added bonus of having more experience under our belts this time as businesses prepare to fling open their doors again over the coming weeks. This time last year Hygieia Group had to switch mode literally overnight and we’re still on a learning journey each week – adapting to new customer needs, working in different ways and above all, trying to find the positive throughout everything!
Making the right impression
We all want our business to be remembered for the right reasons and cleanliness in particular plays a more significant role than it ever has done before. New daily habits are required to help slow and prevent the spread of the virus. You’ll no doubt have developed a plan, considered how you implement it and, importantly, how you maintain and revise it as things change – as they always do!
We’d love to help you if you’re in preparation mode. Our Motorscrubber Storm for example is ideal for fogging the high touch point areas if you are a business with large volumes of footfall. Did you know that you can hire our equipment too? If cash flow is tight then that could be a great solution for your deep clean. Hiring commercial cleaning products is perfect if you just need some specialist cleaning equipment for a one-off job or if you really want the opportunity to test one of our cleaning tools out properly.
One of the key products we’re seeing demand for right now is own-branded hand sanitising stations. From car showrooms to hotels and football stadiums, everyone wants this new-essential, which looks likely to be here to stay, to look as professional and in keeping with their brand as possible.
Things to consider when reopening your business after lockdown
It’s important that both your staff and customers feel safe when they start to come back to your premises. There are a few different things you can take into consideration.
- Do staff need refreshing on procedures or training on new processes?
- How will you ensure that social distancing is maintained? What could make this easier? (Think physical reminders, company culture which helps/hinders, limits on staff numbers in any one area etc)
- What PPE do you need?
- Do you have good cleaning regimes in place? Could you improve standards by using more effective products or equipment? Are you well stocked with all you need ahead of re-opening?
- What advertising will you do to customers/users to let them know your plans?
- Are you as Covid secure as you can be? Do you have easily accessible sanitiser stations and handwashing facilities?
- Could you change the physical environment in any way to aid social distancing, ease of access, the flow of traffic, enable one-way systems etc?
- Does your Google My Business profile need an update to ensure your listing is accurate e.g. to let people know any revised opening hours?
Essential cleaning supplies for your business
There is a lot to take into consideration when reopening your business after lockdown and ensuring you have the appropriate cleaning supplies is vital. Ensure your business is well stocked with the following:
- Disinfectant solution
- Air freshener
- Microfibre cleaning cloths
- Multi-purpose cleaner
- Glass and window cleaner
- Furniture polish
- Surface disinfectant wipes
- Heavy-duty detergent
- Washroom all-in-one cleaning solution
- Bleach for toilets and urinals
- Dishwashing liquid
- Hand soap dispensers
- Hand sanitising dispensers
- Carpet cleaner
- Descaling agent
With over 30 year’s experience in the cleaning industry, we feel well-qualified to support our customers in this next challenge as you prepare to reopen. We wish you every ounce of success for the months to come and look forward to following your progress. If you have any questions about how we can help you to reopen your business safely or you would like to discuss any of our products, please contact our team on 01757 617301 or email@example.com.